Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Open University has released the BRAOU online applications for 2021 admissions into UG and PG courses. The university was first recognized in the year 1982 and provides several UG and PG courses for distance education. The university has released a detailed notification of the same. The application proceedings have already started for the said examination.
These degree programs are available under various streams like Arts, Commerce, Management, Science, and Education, amongst others. The applications for the examination are to be filled online, and a fee of Rs. 435 is to be paid for it. Candidates can either make the payment through credit or debit cards through any nearby franchise centers located across Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states.
BRAOU Important Details:
|University||Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Open University|
|Courses Available||Under Graduate, Post Graduate and other Courses|
|Mode of Application||Offline and online|
|Address and Contact Number||G Ram Reddy Marg, Masthan Nagar, CBI Colony, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033.|
040 2368 0000
|Location||Telangana State, India.|
BRAOU Exam – Important Dates:
The following are the important dates related to the examination. Candidates are advised to check these dates in advance.
|Online Application Portal Availability||23rd of June, 2021|
|Online Applications Submission||12th of August, 2021|
|Online Applications Submission with Late Fee (Rs. 200)||9th of September, 2021|
|Admit Card Release||Would be announced soon|
|Date of the Examination||Yet to be announced|
|Results Declaration||Yet to be announced|
As mentioned above, the application form for the examination is already released. The university mentioned the eligibility criteria in the issued notification. Applicants are guided to read the notification before applying for the examination. They are advised to fill in the details on the application carefully. Only scanned copies of the academics and relevant certificated are being accepted. Every candidate is advised to take a printout of their application form for submitting it during the counseling.
Candidates can pay the BRAOU exam fee through online and offline modes. A sum of Rs. 400 is payable through debit or credit cards for BRAOU exam fee payment online 2021. In the case of Franchise Centers or offline payments, the fee is Rs. 435. The payment is non-refundable.
BRAOU 2021 – Eligibility:
The following are the stream-wise eligibility criteria for getting admission into different UG and PG courses from BRAOU.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- No upper age limit applies to the examination.
- Applicant should score at least 50 percent in BA, B. Sc, B. Com, or other relevant degrees. For BE and B. Tech students, the requirement is 55 percent with Mathematics and Science as a part of the curriculum.
- Any candidate pursuing the final year of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree can also apply for BRAOU.
- The candidate must also satisfy at least one of the NCTE 2014 Regulations.
- Any candidate applying for the BRAOU examination should be trained in-service Teachers in Elementary Education.
- Any of the TTC, D.Ed., D. El. Ed., B. El. Ed., TPT, HPT, UPT, B. P. Ed., or D. P. Ed qualification is mandatory.
B. Ed (Special Education)
The 1-4 criteria mentioned above are the same for this category. The additional requirements are mentioned below.
- Weightage would be applicable for candidates satisfying the following conditions:
- Parent of a disabled child (holding a valid certificate issued by the competent authorities).
- Applicants with disabilities (holding an official certificate issued by the competent authorities).
- Holding any RCI validated Degree or Diploma.
- The reservations of SC, ST, BC, and PWD candidates would be according to the rules in vogue.
As mentioned above, any candidate pursuing the final year of a bachelor’s or master’s degree is also eligible for the examination. However, such applicants are required to furnish their marks memo and Provisional Degree Certificate at the time of admissions.
The BRAOU exam pattern is mentioned below. Candidates are advised to be aware of the pattern.
B. Ed exam
|Paper 1||General English||25|
|Paper 2||Telugu Proficiency||25|
|Paper 3||General Mental Ability||50|
B. Ed (SE)
|Paper 1||General English||40|
|Paper 2||General Mental Ability||60|
Admit Card Download:
BRAOU online exam admit card is mandatory. Candidates can download it from the official website. The steps for the admit card download are mentioned below.
- Go to the official BRAOU website.
- Enter the application number and password wherever asked.
- The BRAOU portal displays your admit card on the window. Save and take a printout of it for the examination.
As mentioned above, admit card is a compulsory document for giving the examination. It contains all the relevant details of the examination center, time, etc. Candidates are advised to verify the centers well in advance to avoid discrepancies.
The following are some guidelines for the exam’s preparation.
- Try making a schedule to prepare easily and score well.
- The exam syllabus is imperative. Try being aware of the entire syllabus to gain a reasonable grip over the examination.
- Knowing the exam pattern, marks weightage, and duration can help make the most out of it.
BRAOU 2021 – Result Download:
BRAOU university is yet to announce the result declaration date of the entrance examination. Candidates are required to download and take a printout of the rank card to furnish the same at the time of their admission. The rank cards are only available online and will not be sent through any other means. The steps for downloading the BRAOU rank card are as follows:
- Go to the official BRAOU website.
- Provide the information like roll number, etc., asked by the portal.
- The BRAOU portal displays your rank card after submitting these details. Download the rank card and save it for future use.
BRAOU conducts the entrance tests for admissions into UG and PG courses. The final admissions will happen based on the course-wise merit list issued by the university. The final admission of any candidate is confirmed following the GD and personal interview. Every candidate appearing for the counseling program should provide the following documents to the university.
- A completion certificate of the NCTE authorized Elementary Teacher Education Program.
- Degree/ PG certificate or provisional.
- Degree/ PG consolidated marks memo.
- SSC or Birth Certificate.
- Integrated Caste Certificate dated after the 1st of April, 2018 (if applicable).
- Medical Board Certificate (for PH applicants).
- Degree/ Diploma Certificate approved by the RCI.
- 10th and 12th Certificates, Transfer Certificate of the recent study, and Study or Residence Certificates.
- Migration Certificate (for non- BRAOU students).