Launched by the Prime Minister of India, Shri. Narendra Modi, PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is a farmer welfare scheme. The motive behind launching this scheme was to support small and medium-scale farmers all over India. Helping numerous farmers until now, this scheme was officially launched by the central government on the 1st of January, 2019.
Providing an official portal for registration and status checking, the Government of India directed all the eligible farmers to apply for the scheme and receive the intended benefits. PM Kisan allows farmers to receive six thousand rupees annually in three installments of two thousand rupees each. Around eight installments have already been credited to all the eligible beneficiaries so far.
PM Kisan Online Scheme
The government of India sanctioned around 75 thousand crore rupees for farmers’ welfare. The annual budget for the financial year 2021-22 emphasized more on agriculture, amongst all the others. Looking forward to launching several welfare schemes for the farmers of India, the central government issued guidelines to register for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana and receive the following entitled benefits.
- Under this scheme, every farmer is entitled to receive a sum of 6 thousand rupees, and the same is credited in three installments to the beneficiary bank account.
- Farmers living anywhere in India, except for West Bengal can receive the grant amount through the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- Farmers can use the scheme amount to purchase seeds and food items relevant to their crop’s cultivation.
The benefits from PM Kisan can be received only after registering for the same. Though there have been some changes to the scheme in recent days, the central government assured farmers that these wouldn’t affect the benefits.
Documents Required for PM Kisan
Every farmer looking to avail of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is required to follow a process fixed by the government. The following documentation is necessary to apply for PM Kisan Online.
- Original Documents of all the lands owned by the applicant.
- Applicant’s bank account details (Passbook necessarily).
- Base and voter ID cards of the applicant.
- Recent Passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Driving License and Residency Certificates.
- Full details relevant to the lands.
Applying for PM Kisan Online – Registration
Upon keeping all the aforementioned documents ready, the applicants can follow the process discussed here to complete the registration process of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- The official PM Kisan portal runs by the name pmkisan.gov.in. Every applicant is required to open this webpage for registration.
- On the homepage, applicants can find ‘Farmers Corner.’ Select this choice by clicking on it.
- The applicants can find a new webpage showing different options related to the scheme. One has to click on the ‘New Farmer Registration’ option.
- After clicking on it, applicants can see the registration form for PM Kisan. Everyone is expected to enter all the necessary details in the form.
- On entering all the information correctly, the applicants will now have to click on submit.
Applicants are advised to download the registration form and keep a hard copy of it for future proceedings. Upon completing the registration, the applicants are required to wait for confirmation and approval from the government.
PM Kisan Mobile Application Download
PM Kisan online registration can be completed either through the web portal or mobile application. The process remains the same for both. For downloading the mobile application of the PM Kisan portal, the process is given below.
- One has to open the official website of PM Kisan on their mobiles.
- On the homepage, one can find a download link for the app version of the portal.
- Clicking on the link would open Google Play Store on the device.
- There is an install option on the screen, and clicking on it would install the PM Kisan application on the device being used.
On opening the app, applicants can find all the information related to PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. From applying to checking the status, the application allows all the operations related to the scheme.
PM Kisan Registration Status Check
Upon receiving an application for PM Kisan, the Government of India verifies the genuineness of the application before giving the approval. The proceedings are updated on the PM Kisan portal for the applicants’ reference. Farmers can check the beneficiary status through the following process. The status check can be done through the official PM Kisan portal only.
- After opening the official website of PM Kisan, the applicants would find the status of beneficiary option on the homepage.
- Clicking on the status of beneficiary opens a new page and asks for details like Aadhar Card number, bank account number, and mobile number, amongst others.
- Upon submitting the necessary details, the portal displays all the details related to the information provided.
Details like the status of the application, number of credited installments, applicants’ details, and many others are displayed on the screen for reference. Anyone can raise queries and connect to the service team in case of discrepancies.
PM Kisan Beneficiary List
The government of India updates every applicant’s name in the beneficiary list of the PM Kisan portal. Upon checking the names on this list, the applicants can be assured that their application is approved and they would receive the beneficiary amount.
- Open the online portal or the mobile application of PM Kisan.
- On clicking the Farmers Section on the homepage, applicants can find different options.
- The applicants are supposed to click on the beneficiary list option from the menu displayed on the window.
- A new page opens after clicking on the beneficiary list, asking for relevant details.
- Every applicant looking for their name on the list has to make some selections like state, district, sub-district, and block amongst others.
- After making the necessary selections, the applicants have to click on the Get Report option present on the screen.
PM Kisan portal shows all the relevant information based on the selections made. Applicants can check for their names from the list displayed on the screen.