According to a news report published today in the Hindustan Times, on Tuesday, various states in north India have shown a temperature range between one to three degrees Celsius. The Meteorological Department of India has issued a report stating hailstorms and rain are expected to occur across different regions in north India. Himachal Pradesh shall also experience heavy snowfall taking the temperatures further low
Although it has not yet rained in Delhi till now during this winter due to a lack of western disturbances but, it is going to rain in the next week. Around the twenty-third and twenty-fourth of January, light and moderate hailstorms accompanied by strong winds at fifty kilometers per hour are going to occur in Delhi. It is going to prevail till the twenty-fifth of January. Due to this influence, snowfall along with rainfall is also going to occur in the western part of the Himalayan region.
Hailstorms shall also occur across Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu, Uttarakhand, Chandigarh, Rajasthan, and in west Uttar Pradesh as well. Due to very dense fog, low visibility is going to stay there all day long. This is going to affect the flight and railway services. In the IGN airport in Delhi, many flights have got delayed. This same situation has occurred in the Northern Railways too. Around six trains have got delayed.
Updates About The Cold Waves Across North And The North Western Regions
- There shall be no noticeable change in the temperature levels across the plains in Madhya Pradesh and the northwestern part of India. The weather readings predict that it shall remain the same at least till today. Between January nineteenth to twenty-first, it is expected that there shall be a little rise in the temperatures by four to six degrees Celsius.
- Severe cold waves are going to lash across the different regions of Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Chandigarh, and Rajasthan, at least till today. In different parts of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Uttarakhand severe cold waves shall keep lashing till tomorrow.
- Across scattered parts of west Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Madhya Pradesh, ground frost conditions shall persist.
- Till the nineteenth of January, dense fog shall overcast the skies during the morning and night hours. Different isolated regions such as the sub-Himalayan, Sikkim, Assam, West Bengal, Tripura, and Meghalaya are going to remain severely affected due to this.
- Weather predictions say that in Himachal Pradesh there shall be heavy snowfall. And for the next forty-eight hours, the conditions shall remain the same as well. In most places of this state after the nineteenth of January, snowfall is expected to happen. Shimla is already shivering in the cold as the temperature has gone down to zero degrees Celsius. Lahul-Spiti’s Keylong has a temperature of minus eleven degrees Celsius. This has been the lowest here so far. And in the next few days too it is expected to be a further dip in the temperatures.
- Around January twenty-third and twenty-fourth, there shall be moderate hailstorms across different parts of Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, north Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu, Chandigarh, and in west Uttar Pradesh too. The weather department has warned that in Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, and west Uttar Pradesh, there shall be occasional gushing winds at fifty kilometers per hour.